Breakfast Recipe Ideas
Baked Spinach and Egg Bird’s Nests
A simple variation on poached eggs.
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs, poached
- Black pepper
- Wilt the spinach in a heated saucepan and squeeze excess water out. Make into 3 bird’s nest shape and crack an egg into each one.
- Sprinkle cheese and black pepper onto top of egg. Bake in oven (180° C) for 15 minutes or until eggs, are set.
A great substitute for breakfast hash browns.
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for cooking
- Sprinkle of nutmeg (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Mould mixture into medium size balls and press flat into pan with skillet. When brown on one side, turn and cook the other side.
Pecan & Cinnamon Apple Muesli
This recipe is perfect for those who love their morning muesli for breakfast.
- ¼ cup flaxseed (linseed) meal
- ¾ cup almond meal
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup chopped dried apple
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- Soy milk (unsweetened)
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients.
- To serve; measure one cup of mixture into a breakfast bowl and serve with no added sugar soy milk. For warm Bircher style muesli soak one cup of mixture with ½ cup water or soy milk overnight then lightly heat in microwave or pan and serve with heated soy milk. Dry ingredients can be mixed together and stored in the refrigerator for later use.